Searching for your new home doesn’t have to be a stressful experience.
Before you book any viewings, it’s worth figuring out what exactly you want in your accommodation; what is most important to you?
5 things to look for in student accommodation:
1. Proximity to the University – will you need a car/ public transportation?
2. Are all bills included?
3. Does the landlord require any guarantors?
4. Does the property have a strong & reliable broadband connection?
5. Does the landlord or management company have good reviews on their website or Google? The best recommendation you can get is from those who are already living there! Keep in mind that even the best companies can have one or two negative reviews; pay attention to how they responded to these & if they tried to find a solution
Arranging an in-person viewing can be an unnecessary hassle. Since the pandemic, many companies have come up with innovative alternatives to the traditional house viewing in the form of virtual tours and video calls.
Benefits of virtual tours:
1. View properties at your convenience, no need to schedule a viewing
2. Interactive virtual tours allow you to feel as if you’re in the property, from the comfort and safety of your own home
3. You get the chance to view the property at it’s best, without any existing tenants and their belongings being there
4. Many companies offer virtual tours via video call. By doing this, you get the same experience as you would in person, but in a much more convenient and time-effective way
5. Virtual tours cause much less disruption to existing tenants & can be rescheduled more easily than an in-person viewing
6. See MORE properties in LESS time
Start looking EARLY (October/ November time). Getting organised and sorting this out sooner rather than later, will not only save you some stress, but will also give you a lot more options.
Happy House Hunting!