Searching for your new home doesn’t have to be a stressful experience.
Are you a student looking for accommodation in Plymouth? With its vibrant student community and bustling city centre, Plymouth is a fantastic place to live and study. However, finding the right accommodation can be challenging, especially if you’re unfamiliar with the city and its surroundings.
Before you book any viewings, it’s worth figuring out what exactly you want in your accommodation; what is most important to you?
What to look for in student accommodation:
- Proximity to the University – will you need a car/ public transportation?
- Are all bills included?
- Does the landlord require any guarantors?
- Does the property have a strong & reliable broadband connection?
- Does the landlord or management company have good reviews on their website or Google? The best recommendation you can get is from those who are already living there! Keep in mind that even the best companies can have one or two negative reviews; pay attention to how they responded to these & if they tried to find a solution
- Consider your budget – set a realistic budget and ensure all costs can be covered.
- Do you have any preferences? Consider your lifestyle, do you want to live alone or with roommates? Would you prefer a student block or a house?
Benefits of Virtual Tours
Since the Covid-19 pandemic, arranging an in-person viewing of potential student accommodation in Plymouth can be an unnecessary hassle. However, many companies have come up with innovative alternatives to the traditional house viewing, such as virtual tours and video calls. Virtual tours allow you to explore the property from the comfort of your own home, giving you a good sense of the layout, size, and condition of the property. You can take your time to explore every nook and cranny and ask any questions you may have without feeling rushed. Additionally, video calls can be arranged with property managers or landlords to discuss any specific queries or concerns you may have about the property.
Virtual tours are also a more sustainable way of viewing properties. You can save on travel costs and reduce your carbon footprint by viewing properties online instead of physically traveling to each location.
Furthermore, virtual tours and video calls offer the opportunity for remote viewing. If you’re an international student looking to study in Plymouth, you can still explore properties and secure accommodation before arriving in the UK. This can be a huge relief for students who are unable to travel to the UK due to travel restrictions or financial limitations.
Visit our virtual tours here.
- View properties at your convenience, no need to schedule a viewing
- Interactive virtual tours allow you to feel as if you’re in the property, from the comfort and safety of your own home
- You get the chance to view the property at it’s best, without any existing tenants and their belongings being there
- Many companies offer virtual tours via video call. By doing this, you get the same experience as you would in person, but in a much more convenient and time-effective way
- Virtual tours cause much less disruption to existing tenants & can be rescheduled more easily than an in-person viewing
- See MORE properties in LESS time
Here’s what one of our students said:
Georgia: “I would highly recommend Student rooms 4 U to anyone looking for student accommodation. The virtual tours offer an accurate representation of the house meaning we weren’t disappointed when we saw it in person.”
Start looking EARLY (October/ November time). Getting organised and sorting this out sooner rather than later, will not only save you some stress, but will also give you a lot more options.
Happy House Hunting!